Sunday, January 8, 2012

When Ford introduced the hemispherical combustion chamber, why was Mopar so jealous?

back around the time i was born(1971) ford came out with the whit elephant, a big hemi, and chevy and mopar petitioned nascar to have it banned, they didnt like the spankings.awesome engines, huge.btw this is the concept behind the reverse dome piston, although it was never perfected.|||....said the Chevy girl. Eat my dust!

Report Abuse


|||MOPAR had the first Hemi. Around 1964 Chevey %26amp; Ferd was getting spankings really bad in NASCAR by King Richard Petty himself. Ferd %26amp; Chivy cried until the MOPAR entry was banned because they couldn't win against it The MOPAR entry was actually lapping everything on the track.

Report Abuse


|||Chivy %26amp; Ferd cried way before MOPAR did. When Ferd came out with there Hemi around 10 years later MOPAR had to say something about it. The MOPAR HEMI was banned way back then simply because it couldn't be beat.

Report Abuse


|||Lex: I know lol. I was being sarcastic and rubbing it in. I'm so childish :D





(I was a huge MOPAR fan before being seduced by Chevy, but I've never lost my respect for MOPAR :D)

Report Abuse


|||Every manufacture came up with there own version of the Hemi, but Mopar was the first to design it and make it work, who told you Mopar was jealous? they never were or are you just a ford fan, also note that Chrysler came up with the first turbine powered car and there is one still around, I wonder if ford is jealous|||Im not sure about mopar's entry into hemi design I do know that ARDUN developed an overhead valve head fore early V8 flathead engines And it seems as though I remember other motor car and aircraft having hemi as well.


DaveS|||Mopar introduced the Hemi, not Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment