Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can anyone give me suggestions for good set up for a Mopar 360?

I'll be getting my 360 soon, and I don't want to spent to much on it. I'm thinking heads, cam, headers, intake, carb.


Can anyone guide to a good set up? or new heads that already are set up so I don't have to tear them apart? Or a good cam/lifters/spring combo??





Thanks much!|||you need to check out edelbrocks performance heads and intake set up with a carb ,they have what they call a performance package that makes a lot of horse power for little money,without going in to the lower end of the engine they are your best best for bolt on horse power,good luck here's their site if you want look in to what they offer,http://www.jegs.com/|||Get one of these:


http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/block鈥?/a>|||Take a look at Desktop Dyno


http://www.proracingsim.com/desktopdyno.鈥?/a>





I have their older software Dyno 2000 and it works great, you can put all your info into it and it will tell you what you will get out of the engine. It's pretty accurate as well, I had a Big block chevy bored to 468 making 518 HP and 545 Lbs of torque the chassis dyno and desktop dyno were within 4% of each other.





First guy has a pretty good idea, if you look at the crate 360's it tells you pretty much what cams, valves and compression to use to get what HP out of them. That blown 540 just about gave me a H***on|||I had a 340 I overhauled a while back. I got edelbrock aluminum heads to take pump gas. ( stock heads most likely will need lead additive for the old-style seats) a six pack intake ( doesnt do much more than a 4 bbl, but it sure looks cool. a little on the expensive side...) a hydraulic flat tappat cam- about .268 in+out @.050. 904 tranny with small first and second gears is great for peelin out- depends on rear though. I ran a 2.94 and a 3.91 8.25 suregrip. both were pretty impressive, but nothing compares to layin into a good mopar smallblock and meltin some tires

No comments:

Post a Comment