Sunday, January 1, 2012

What is best venue for selling classic Mopar parts?

I've got some old muscle car era Mopar parts and pieces I may have to sell, wondering where the best place these days to try and sell them. Basically I have all the drive train/running gear for a 67-69 big block A body and more. Back injuries have sidelined this dream project of mine for better than 20 years, I'm almost 50 now, looking at downsizing/simplifying life thinking it may be time to give it up, day to day life is hard enough for my back to handle.





Ebay does not seem to be a very good place to sell anything these days, large/heavy items (engines and such) don't seem worth offering for shipment, especially with transportation costing so much these days.





Where would I be most likely to get what the parts are worth? I've been out of touch with the hot rod world for too many years to have a clue. Auto publications, swap meets, local/national car clubs or? Specifics appreciated. I am a recent transplant to Tucson, AZ so if you know of local goings on, please share.|||Well you missed the Mopar at Carlisle week. (the biggest Mopar car show in the world) They do have a fall date from Oct 3rd-7th in Carlisle, PA. I know this isn't close to you, but if you wanna unload some parts and get good exposure this is probably the best thing to go to.





You could also try


Food Lion Auto Fair at Lowe's Motor Speedway Sept 13th-16th in Concord, NC. This is a huge show and you could make it a two for one deal and visit some of the Nascar shops in the area.





Or try


37th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction Event: January 12th - 20th, 2008 in Scottsdale, AZ. This would probably be the closest thing to you that I know of but the vendor space goes quickly.





Sorry, that's all I got. I live on the east coast.





Good luck|||you also could try these guys http://thatsall.110mb.com/mopar.htm they have up to date live feeds for only mopar parts, its like a mopar ebay site..





jim

Report Abuse


|||a swap meet or ebay, ebay being my first choice because of the number of people that will be able to see the parts plus depending on what parts they aer you will have people bidding on the parts and possible paying alot more than a swap meet would bring, some olld hard to locate parts could be worth big bucks, as i saw you werwe talking about ebay not being a good place to sell engines, well my friend here is the answer to that, take the engines apart and sell them piece by piece

No comments:

Post a Comment