Sunday, January 8, 2012

What automatic tranny fluid is an equivalant to Mopar ATF+4?

I need atf for my 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. What atf is equivalant to Mopar ATF+4|||wal-mart now carries atf+4. anything else will cause the clutches to chatter and it removes the friction material. there are no approved additives that will not harm the trans or torque convertor clutch. anything but atf+4 will void any trans warranty you have if someone working on it wants to be politically correct. all fluids and additives have their distinct smell.|||Dexron 4 will work just fine.|||All major fluid makers make an ATF+4. It doesn't matter who makes it, ATF+4 is the only fluid Chrysler approves, because other fluids will deteriorate the clutches and bands in the transmission.|||DO NOT use dexron in your Chrysler transmission!





Doing so can cause your trans to slip, shift erratic and create future problems.





Most parts stores should carry ATF+4 from at least one major oil company, if they don't, go elsewhere until you find it. If you don't find any, then go to the dealership to get it even if you have to wait, but DO NOT put in dexron fluid.|||Look I am cheap, I mean that not only in the money I spend on parts and lubes, but that they need to ensure my vehicles last forever. Some say I spend to much and others rioll their eyes thinking I haven't spent nearly what it ought to cost.





I use a friction modifier on Dex III and flush my T%26amp;C gearbox annually. I got 160K before I BROKE(snapped the metal gear) the trans. I expect with annual flushes to do equally well on this rebuild.





I do caution you to never use DEX III without the friction modifier additive as your tranny will fail in about a week.





ASE Cert Auto Tech, 96 T%26amp;C 3.8L 175K miles

No comments:

Post a Comment